A do-it-yourself nursing pillow or simply a new pillowcase for your pillow (pillowcase suitable for Chicco's Boppy model)
What we need
Cotton fabric, preferably Oeko Tex certified. Height 1.50 m (59"). Length 0.7 m (27.5").
65 cm (25") long zip
thread to match the fabric
Production time: 1 hour
Cut out all parts in double layer except the rectangular one
1. Leave a 1.5 cm (0.6") margin on all outer sides (the curved ones).
2. Zigzag the edges of the 2 sides where the zip will be inserted.
3. Fold them back to 2 cm (0.8") and iron them to a crease.
4. Place the zip under the lower fold.
5. Fasten with pins and sew with a straight stitch. Pay attention to the zip feed!
6. Repeat with the upper opening so that it overlaps the lower opening by 0.5 cm (0.2").
7. Cut away the excess hinge part.
8. Attach the rectangular profile to the two parts of the pillowcase: sew either with a straight stitch and then finish with a zigzag or a French seam.
9. Join the open side of the pillowcase in the same way..
Watch the videotutorial
What about the padding?
To make the filling, cut out the two half-moon parts from the fabric, following the pattern for the pillowcase.
Sew right sides together leaving an opening to turn it over.
Insert foam or wadding until the cushion is full.
Sew the open part.